I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and for those of you don’t celebrate, than I hope you got to enjoy some quality time with the family. Speaking of family, today I wanted to touch on something that too many of us tend to forget around this time of year what with the amazing sales around every corner and the pressure to get the perfect gift, and that is gratitude.
All over social media, blogs, Youtube, you name it! People are highlighting what they got for Christmas. Showcasing the hottest purses or electronics, the holiday season always seems to put the spotlight on material goods. Not very often do you see somebody ever mention anything beyond that. Therefore, I think it is especially important for everyone this season and moving forward, to take a minute or two and practice the simple art of gratitude.
Was it valuable time with a family member you haven’t seen in a while? Was it enjoying some laughs with your siblings remembering that time you de-pantsed your brother in from of the whole family? Or was it just the fact that you got to sleep in a nice warm bed with a roof over your head? Even if it was something as simple as being able to wear your favorite sweater, the littlest things still count.
So go out there and get yourself a nice journal, take the 5 mins every morning or evening or whenever you have time to write down a few things you are gracious for and watch your outlook change. It’s one small step everyday to be humble. What are you waiting for?
Today is yet another video I made talking about some randoms items I picked up after wayyyy too much shopping…
I hope you guys enjoy!
And as always don’t forget to Like, Comment what your favorite items were or if you’ve given any of these products a try, and Follow if you want more!
Happy Tuesday and Welcome Back!
So today I will full admit that I was pretty excited about today’s post. The reason being, is that I was actually tagged by fellow beauty blogger elliesprettylittlelessons to do the Supreme Shopaholic Tag. This is the first time I’ve been tagged to do something like this so huge thank you to Ellie!
The rules for this tag are:
Name the person who nominated you and insert a link to their blog
- List the last three things you bought
- List three of your favorite stores
- Write down why you love to shop
- Name five super shoppers and link to their blogs!
The last three things I bought:
- Pure Essential Oil Diffuser
- Tigers Eye Genuine Stone Bracelet
- Arlesienne perfume by L’Occitane
List three of my favorite stores:
- American Eagle– I honestly haven’t gone into this store without finding 800 million things that I NEED in my wardrobe immediately. It’s kind of funny because for a while this store wasn’t even on my radar. It wasn’t until my little sister got a gift card for her birthday and we decided to take a look. Since then its been a blessing and a curse rekindling my love for this store.
- LUSH– Ok…it’s LUSH people whats not to love?? The fact that their products are not only amazing but also the fact that money money is being used towards great causes. Not only does the store fight animal testing, they also ethical source their ingredients, respect the environment, and donate proceeds to charity through their product Charity Pot. This store has it all and does it all and thats why its one of my favorites.
- Nordstrom/ Nordstrom Rack– I like to think of this store as the magical wonderland of shopping. This is a department store that literally has it all. They carry everything from Top Shop to Joe Malone to Adidas. I could spend hours and hours in this store. (maybe not buying everything…but a girl gets to look!) I would say one of the best thing about this store is their return policy, it’s not questions asked even without a receipt. So, for those who seem to always loose that pesky piece of paper, this store is a dream.
Why I love to shop:
Well above all, shopping brings me joy. But also, for me, shopping can be all sorts of things. It can be a getaway from the stress of everyday life or that special time to hangout with your best friend and talk. Shopping can also be just looking without having to buy a single thing. When I do actually buy something though, I love the feeling of treating myself and getting myself something that I have had my eye on. Even better, what I love the most about shopping is shopping for the deal. Its knowing I can buy something that normally retails for $100 and get it for $50. By doing that, I’m able to get what I want or maybe afford a nicer item without having to break the bank.
My five shoppers are…
It’s a brand new year and that means everyone is busy trying to stick to their new years resolutions and not eat that extra piece of chocolate cake. I thought I would follow the trend and set forth a few of my new years resolutions with a twist. Unlike the typical “go to the gym 5 times a week” goal, I want to try and aim for resolutions that help me reach my happiness from the inside rather than the outside.
I want to focus on reaching goals that help to add more positivity and light into my life. Nobody wants to look back on their resolutions and see that even though they walked away with that “hot bod” and never skipped on their diet they are still fairly unhappy. Now, I am not saying that working out is a resolution that doesn’t add happiness because it can, I am saying that sometimes we try fixing what we can directly see rather than what we might not be able to. We think if our jeans fit better we might be happier or if we stay away from chocolate we ultimately become better people but thats unfortunately not true. This year I want to learn to love myself without limitations or guilt. I want to learn that even though I don’t have a million dollars I am still successful.
So, with that being said, here are some of my new years resolutions for 2016:
- Try a 30 day yoga challenge (i’ve had my eye on one in particular: Yoga with Adriene 30 day yoga camp).
- Take time to meditate everyday if only for 5 mins.
- Read at least 2 new books every month.
- Learn to appreciate the little things by writing at least 2 things positive things that happened during the day.
- Keep my room CLEAN! (It sometimes gets hard to keep track of those piling clothes in the corner that you swear you’ll put away tomorrow but never do. I want to make sure that if I take out a few outfits to try on I put away whatever I don’t use right away.)
- Turn off electronics before bed. (This one is going to be the hardest for me. I love nothing more than to scroll through Facebook and Twitter endlessly before bed or watch countless Youtube videos but it no doubt hinders my quality or sleep.)
- Make time for myself. (This one sound pretty general but its probably the most important. I am the type of person that thinks about everyone else before myself. This year I want to focus on myself and my priorities first and foremost. Whether that be taking a break when I am over worked or stressed or just simply taking the time to pamper myself. It’s a simple fact that we too often let ourselves forget; we are just as important too.)
I hope you all enjoyed this post and let me know what your resolutions are! I would love to hear them 🙂